Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cameo...

My youngest daughter's birthday was a little while ago and since I painted a poster for her sister on her birthday, I wanted to make something equally special for her on her birthday. The theme for her party was fashion/Paris so I thought I would make her a cameo with a life size silhouette of her in the middle. First, I drew the base of the cameo on 20" x 30"  black foam board, along with all the scroll work pieces. I cut out all the pieces with an X-acto blade.  I then glued the base onto white poster board, and glued on the scroll work pieces. Next I drew my daughter's silhouette onto black poster board, cut it out and glued it onto the white poster board. For the finishing touches I drew some embellishments around her silhouette with a Pitt pen. She thought it was great, but was more than thrilled when she realized that I gave her Barbie style hair.

cameo made from foam board with a sihouette

Foam core scroll work

No comments:

Post a Comment