Sunday, October 27, 2013

Gaming in Acrylic...

Here are a couple of acrylic paintings I did my first year at college.
 
The first is a painting of The Forsaken's crest from Wold of Warcraft. I painted it in four different color schemes, monochromatic, double complementary, desaturated and triad. This piece won, Most Promising New Student in color theory in the 2007, Student Awards Show at The Art Institute of Atlanta.

Acrylic painting of Wolrd of Warcraft



The second is a painting of agent 47 from the game Hitman. I also tried to enter this piece into the same Student Awards Show as the one above but it was rejected for overly aggressive content. I cant really blame them since the Virgina Tech shooting was still fresh in peoples minds at the time.

Acrylic painting of Agent 47

No comments:

Post a Comment